Monday, July 5, 2010

Blessings and batteries

I've been quite looked after lately, in many different ways. As I may have mentioned earlier, my car died and was sold to the wreckers about a month ago before I went to Mildura with the grand total of 20 years and 420,000km to its name.



Since I got back to the mountains I've been getting around mostly on foot with the odd occasional lift or borrowing my parents car if it's available at the time. Last week I spent the day with Erin and Charli, and Jared happened to buy a new car and they were kind enough to offer me Eleanor, Erin's car to borrow for the remaining 2 weeks that I'm in Sydney for. It has come in so handy and been a massive blessing.

I love older cars! Eleanor is an old corolla - complete with no power steering and a battery that can be a touch fiddly. I was driving the other night and saw something that made me laugh - Eleanor has an analog clock on the dashboard! cute.



Tonight I learnt the long way that its probably not the smartest idea to leave the lights on... not that I did that intentionally! Especially when you are in castle hill... I was watching a movie with friends at a fundraising event and went back to the car to discover that I had a flat battery and my friends' phones were all off... not good!! I sort of just waited there for about an hour, asking people who went past if they had jumper leads.

I discovered that a majority of people in Castle Hill don't have jumper leads, don't know what jumper leads are, or have jumper leads in their "other car". I would have push started the car myself (i have done that once on my own- scariest thing I ever did while at uni down a hill full of parked cars) except because eleanor has no power steering I probably would have either smashed into the car infront or the column in front of me... neither seemed like a smart move.

thankfully after about an hour of patient waiting some girls waiting to be picked up asked if I needed jumper leads as their mum had some. So took a quick drive to my car with them and bumped into another guy with jumper leads who also helped us out and we were all quickly on our way, no worries!

No comments:

Post a Comment