Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Coincidence... or not?

I haven’t written any thing in a while.. This blog is a big of a amalgamation of random thoughts and things that have occurred in the past fortnight.

For the past 2 Sundays since arriving back in Australia I have attended two different churches who coincidentally happened to both be working on Exodus in their sermons. I ironically happened to hear the Exodus 3-4 message preached two weeks in a row! There were some slight differences in the main points brought up during the sermons, but still it made me wonder about signs

Last week I had 2 different friends ask me to move in with them. I know I shouldn’t particularly be looking for signs about what to do with my life, but it still makes you wonder doesn’t it? Is this a hint that I should stick around for a while??

A couple of years ago I felt a bit of a prompting to start up a young women's bible study amongst some of the girls I know and love from the Mountains. At the time it didn't end up happening because I got a job in victoria and ended moving abruptly.. anyway the thought came back to me again today. Like all things, we will see what happens.

I have spent the last week up the coast at Forster helping Jon, a friend of mine who is building a house up there for his parents. So I’ve been spending my days sanding, oiling, varnishing and doing all the odd jobs related to finalising a house. I was asked if I wanted to go to Gilgandra next week to help with the restoration of a church out there, but I’m not going to go on this particular trip. I might go on the next one if I’m still around. If. I don’t know what i’m doing. I don’t find that particularly all that frustrating, but I guess it would be good to have a little bit of an idea about what is going on! I'm debating some further study in international health, think I will have a chat with the uni coordinator tomorrow about that while I'm in Sydney.

I”m still reading this book “Don’t waste your life” by John Piper. I’ve just read about Louie Giglio’s “268 Declaration.” The number comes from Isaiah 26:8—“Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts”

“Desire that your life count for something great! Long for your life to have eternal significance. Want this! Don’t coast through life without a passion.”
But whatever you do, find the God-centered, Christ-exalting, Bible-saturated passion of your life, and find your way to say it and live for it and die for it. And you will make a difference that lasts. You will not waste your life.
What is the one passion of your life that makes everything else look like rubbish in comparison? Oh, that God would help me waken in you a single passion for a single great reality that would unleash you, and set you free from small dreams, and send you, for the glory of Christ, into all the spheres of secular life and to all the peoples of the earth.


I am passionate about alot of things. I was thinking about this a few days ago as I was chatting with Sandra, Jon’s Mum. She was diagnosed with diabetes last year, so we were chatting about that, ways it had impacted her cooking, and a couple of other nutrition related issues. She was telling me about a lady she worked with who had been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia and diverticular disease and how there were all these foods she’d been told she couldn’t eat. As we were talking, I found myself getting quite worked up and annoyed at GPs and practitioners who tell their patients and clients inaccurate information. That can really get my back up. One of the many things I get passionate about.

I also get passionate about music, singing, dancing, injustice, segregation and people being left out. Just to name a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment