Friday, May 6, 2011

A fork in the road.

The Road not Taken

Robert Frost


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
and sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
and looked down one as far as I could
to where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
and having perhaps the better claim
because it was grassy and wanted wear;
though as for that, the passing there
had worn them really about the same,
 
And both that morning equally lay
in leaves no feet had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
 
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference

Just a quick post while I'm in London, reminiscing school day English poetry (why oh why?!). I'm a bit tired still as I caught the 6 hour bus here this morning to attend Hillsong Colour conference (women's conference) and am still recovering from this cold. :(

At the moment I am at a bit of a fork in the road. I am being challenged, stretched and pushed alot at the moment, I've started a new job in a completely new field that I know nothing about which is a bit scary, and have begun to settle into life in Liverpool alot more. I love Liverpool. It is the first place that I have been to in years where I have felt 'home' at and actually wanted to settle. I really REALLY struggled a couple of weeks ago with the decision to stay here for the next few months, went through alot of pain in that decision and have been feeling alot of peace ever since about being here. And different opportunities have been presenting themselves here work wise, church wise and things and in a way i have been feeling a big pull or push towards staying put for a while, resting, recharging, reconnecting, putting down roots and settling for a little bit. Part of me really wants that, but at the same time it is scary bcause I have been going going going for so long. I don't want to be going just from fear or running from myself though.

In saying that, I've just found out that I got into the uni degree in international nutrition at the London school of hygiene and tropical medicine that I have been looking at, which would start in September (unless I deferred). Prayers are appreciated at the moment as I'm going through a major period of confusion, frustration and general lack of direction, more so than usual. Particularly whether to continue pursuing international nutrition and uni, or whether to stay in Liverpool. :)

I want to be doing the right thing, I just don't know what that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment