Sunday, January 23, 2011

A week of challenges

 The last week has been full of challenges, pain and questioning. However, even with all that it has brought me closer and taught me to rely upon God more instead of my own strengths (weaknesses) and (in)abilities.

Do not be anxious about anything, but by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus - Phillipians 4:6-7


For God cn use sorrow in our lives ot help us turn away from sin and seek salvation. We will never regret that kind of sorrow. But sorrow without repentance is the kind that results in death. 2 Corinthians 7:10


Always be joyful, keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful for this is Gods will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16

I'm not sure exactly how or why, but (at the moment) I feel at peace about everything that has happened. I don't know what the future brings, only God does. I'm learning to trust him more, because with Him I know it will all work out somehow.


4x4 on the roof of the car - only way to do it!




Add caption


In the cave under the waterfall

I find that because I grew up in Australia, I sometimes forget that it is a bit of a tourist destination. It is beautiful here. I'm also learning not to take things for granted and live life to the full regardless of my situation. Yesterday I went 4x4 and bushwalking with some friends in the bush to get to a waterhole. It took us an hour and a half to walk, fall and tangle our way down the gully to the creek to find it. We all came back with war wounds - scratches all over our legs from brambles, bumps and bruises but it was definitely worth it. I do love summer in Australia!





No comments:

Post a Comment