Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hunger

Did you know... that 1/3 children under 5 in developing countries die because of undernutrition?

While looking around at emergency nutrition websites today, I stumbed upon this little website where they will donate 10grains of rice for every question you get correct. Exactly how they measure that out I don't know... but it's good English practice anyway!

http://beta.freerice.com/

I've been reading all these books lately about Afghanistan and in particular the hardships enforced upon the people and the women of the country and their way of dealing with it. It's made me want to visit and help. I was quite sad after reading A Thousand Splendid Suns. I would also most definitely recommend The Kabul Beauty School and The Weight of a Mustard Seed. It makes you wonder what you can do to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment