Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Break

Part way through April already! The last few weeks seem to have flown by and there is now only one week left for me before I need to hit the books and get back to studying and finishing off this masters degree.

We had a three week break at uni which was much welcomed. I headed up to Liverpool and was blessed by a week of sunshine and 16-20 degree days (unheard of for England this time of year!!). Financially I have been close to struggling and was hoping to get some work during the Easter break. Luckily for me, two or three days into my first week off I got a call from one of the dietitians at Clatterbridge Hospital here in the Wirral asking if I was free for two weeks! Such a blessing really and couldn't have come at a better time.

So last week I was back at the Oncology Centre again and met Jennifer the dietitian I was filling in for last year before her permanent position commenced. She is lovely, from Scotland and as I discovered last week also a Christian. Hopefully I will be spending much more time with her in the future as well as I've really enjoyed her company at work. Its been great going back to CCO, alot of the staff remember me and its so much easier when you already know the systems as you can just crack on with what needs to be done and help the team out with their busy workloads.


The next few months coming up will be pretty busy. I've got one term left at uni covering nutrition programme planning, then final exams in the end of May. After that I'll head down to Zambia and Lusaka for my Research project which will be keeping me out of mischief until the beginning of September when the dissertation is due. Lots of writing and sitting down and being boring ahead I'm afraid! Ah well, it will be worth it at the end I am sure!!

I keep being asked what I'm going to do when I've finished the degree, where I'm going to work and all that stuff. Honestly I have no idea. I guess just see where it takes me and what comes across my path. No point stressing or worrying about the future too much. It will work out in its own time and in Gods plan.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:4-7

 

No comments:

Post a Comment