Wednesday, August 10, 2011

craziness on the streets

 I've had a couple of friends around the world ask how I'm doing, so thought I'd put a quick note up here to let you all know I'm doing fine. I've witnessed and observed some of the rioting last night from the safety of my window, but not personally been impacted in any way. I was woken up at about 1am last night by dogs barking, helicopters flying around and kids running up and down the street. I thought I had heard gunshots as well but apparently it was fireworks and bins being blown up. I actually live in a quiet area of town, but its stuck between the centre of the city and the main road leading out to Toxteth where most of these kids seem to come from so thats why our normally quiet street was a bit noisier than normal.

This morning when I was walking to the station to commute over to Manchester there were some remaining signs of the riots last night, a car across from our flat had all its' windows were smashed in, a motorbike had been pushed over, there were random bricks in places. Other than that by 6am it was quite peaceful on the streets! When I left work in Manchester at 4.30 there were rumours going on that the looters were going to hit Deansgate at 4pm but there wasn't

Its quite ridiculous, kids running around in the middle of the night uncontrolled looting, stealing smashing cars buildings, blowing up bins all because they can, doing what they want, taking what they want, to show the rich that's what they deserve and obtain the things that they want. Ridiculous, criminalistic and greedy. Some comments the looters have made include: "showing the police that we can do what we want" "we're just showing the rich people we can do what we want" "its our way of showing we're fed up of being searched and pulled over all the time.. we're broke, its not an excuse but its our way to get a bit of money". 







No comments:

Post a Comment